Jøtul F3 CB smoke cover + rear exit questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cnielsen

Oct 30, 2017
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
Hi all, long time observer, first time poster.

About a month ago I picked up a used F3 CB. When I got it, it was top exiting without a flue collar, previous user just jammed a stove pipe in the hole. I decided that I wanted to do rear-exit for my installation, so I put in an order at my local dealer for the parts I'd need; smoke cover, rear exit flue collar kit, and all the hardware.

About 3 weeks go by and no word, so I give them a call. They say that the smoke cover is on backorder until December 4th :( so the distributor is waiting on that before they ship, woomp-woomp. This leaves me with a handful of questions:

I want to build the base for my stove so I can get this done and start enjoying it, but I have no idea what the distance will be from my tee connector to the flue collar, will it connect directly to my double-wall tee-connector (Selkirk DSP), or will I need an adapter? How big is the flue collar? Are there multiple styles of flue collar? Any insight there would be super useful. The kit that I ordered is:

157740 - Cast Flue Collar Kit, MB

Secondly, this smoke cover thing is annoying, it's holding up my whole order for months. My stove is matte black (MB) but I see there's a bunch of other colors offered, but it also seems like the exit hole dimensions might be different for the MB stove, but that seems really strange. What I'm getting at here is that I'm happy to change the MB smoke cover to a different color that is not back ordered and then just paint it when I receive it. The part that is back ordered is:

154468 - Cover smoke outlet, top MB, 6 7/8" dia.

Thank you kindly to anyone who has information about this stuff!