1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

J A Roby Cookstove

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Russell Tripp, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Russell Tripp

Russell Tripp New Member

Loc:
    Saugus ma
    First day with j a roby wood stove cook stove seems good but still getting used to it purchased from obidahis all went well with the purchase always worry about on line purchases been lit 2.5 hrs don't know about heat or cooking yet but seems like good heat have big house well insulated stove very heavy so if you aren't used to moving heavy objects get help not worth hurting yourself . Will update in a wk or so on both good and bad . Like most people I could not find any info on stove from customers don't normally write but I know people want customer info

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. akbear

akbear Member

Loc:
    Interior AK
    Looking forward to updates on that stove, at least I won't be the only one wandering about in uncharted territory.

As for cooking and baking, just ease into it, and don't be too concerned with time and temperature, just go with the rhythm and flow of the stove. So what if a pan of rolls takes twice as long to bake just because the oven is running slow instead of quick at the time, if the heat off the stove is the level that is comfortable, then just work around the differences and leave the more difficult fancy things, such as cakes and souffles until you get a good feel for the stove and instead enjoy simmering soups without worrying about a utility bill, casseroles and roasted entrees. It will all come to you in time and every season will be a learning experience.