Jamestown stove in friend’s house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pellet_Pete

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2014
Franklin County, MA
Hey all. A friend of ours just bought a house with a Jamestown pellet stove, guessing older model? He couldn’t find a model # anywhere - can anyone ID it? I’m gonna go give it a good look-over for him - any warnings or advice for this line of stoves? Option #2 is for him to take my P61A, which is an indestructible workhorse that I can always help him troubleshoot if it acts up. Thoughts & insight appreciated! Happy New Year!

Jamestown stove in friend’s house Jamestown stove in friend’s house

Look inside the hopper lid or back wall of the hopper mrfr’s put the id on panels that are not removable

Be an awesome friend and give him the Harman :)

Sorry, have no idea about the Jamestown stove so I'm giving the Harman-head answer.

Reactions: Pellet_Pete
Yes indeed, turns out it was a J1000, and it was in pretty rough shape on the inside. Ended up swapping it out with the P61A, which won't have any trouble heating the space. Just to sing the Harman P-series praises a bit more - I haven't used the P61A since March 2015, but it still lit up and started cranking out the BTUs just as effortlessly as ever! It is a tank of stove.

Reactions: bogieb