Jamming up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

charger1966

Hearth Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
UpState New York
Hello, Can anyone out there explain to me why my Enviro EF2 jams up with New England and Warm Front Pellets but no others? I changed the auger motor with one that has 175 in pounds of torque thinking that my original one (w /100 in lbs)was worn out ( 8 years old) and I get the same results. It literally stops the auger. The only way to get it moving again is for me to bail the pellets out of the hopper then vacuum the auger and then run a wire up into the drop down tube to release the pellets. As I said any other pellet brand it doesn't do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lance

Whats the length of the pellets in question?

Are they noticeably longer? Or larger in diameter?

The pellets in question don't look any different then the Stove Chows that I am burning now. They break up with about the same effort and there is little sawdust in the bottom of the bags. I have done one thing that may help, I ordered new bushings for the auger shaft and will replace them once they get delivered. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the comments.

Hey Everyone, I installed new bushings into my Enviro EF 2 Stove and then tried those Warm Front pellets again. Success. No more Jamming. The lower bushing was almost gone when I removed it. Thanks for the help and have a great day. I know I will now that my stove works like it did when it was NEW. Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.