Jimmys pile o pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkbar2311

Mar 16, 2010
SE Michigan
This is all that remains of 4 of my 60 year old pines

Attachments

• wood3.jpg
    wood3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 427
leaving the pile by fence for a while. The neighbor is a serious d!ckhead. I'm making a 4' wood privacy fence ...

Thats some big rounds.

They wont get touched till they dry out a bit. I went to split some a month ago and water was just squeezing out like crazy.

Yesterday I split some that were sitting stacked in round form since an ice storm 2 years ago. Dry as can be and fun to split.

Matt

I scrounged some pine last August...a real bear to split after I got it. I let a bunch season until this July...much easier!

Using firewood as a fence seems like a good thing to me as long as it is stacked neatly and also stacked strong so there is not much chance of the pile tipping over.

ITs actually right next to the split rail fence. I need an 8 foot privacy though,

Clarkbar2311 said:
This is all that remains of 4 of my 60 year old pines

Those trees would be 150-200 yrs old here. Here is 200 year old beetle killed spruce. Standing dead the last 5yrs.

Attachments

• little helper.jpg
    little helper.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 236
  • 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 251
Nice load there. My pines were put in about the same time as the house in the early 50's.

north of 60 said:
Those trees would be 150-200 yrs old here.

And that right there is the reason that burning pine in your area is different than pine around these parts. Your pines grow like our Hickory - hard and dense.

Jags said:
north of 60 said:
Those trees would be 150-200 yrs old here.

And that right there is the reason that burning pine in your area is different than pine around these parts. Your pines grow like our Hickory - hard and dense.

second that...

Status
Not open for further replies.