Jotul 100 (j100)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tamos

Jan 22, 2020
Lincoln, NE
I have a Jotul 100 circa 1980-1992. This model has a rotary ignitor and the knob broke of with part of the shaft. The stove still functions and I would hate to replace it but it is extremely hard to start. Currently I have to push it down with a small flat head screwdriver and turn it to get the pilot to light then grab what's left of the shaft with plies to adjust the flame. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find parts or if there is any way to retrofit with another piezo/control? I have tried my local Jotul dealer and they said they were sure they could get parts but they story changed quickly after the contacted Jotul and several other parts dealers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_200250.jpg
    IMG_20200122_200250.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20200122_200311.jpg
    IMG_20200122_200311.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 358
Thanks! I did try Woodman's a couple years ago and they could not get the part. They are however the only dealer I have found that has a parts list for my stove. I think I am going to try to remove the brass post square it up with a file and hard solder a piece of brass rod with a d channel so I can fit a new knob on it. At his point I think it may be my only option.