Jotul 118 burn plates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Nov 20, 2014
Massachusetts
I have a Jotul 118, the old kind. Probably from the mid-late 70's. The interior side heat panels are the short ones-they are only about 14 inches long or so, and have two holes. They are warped. So I called Woodman's parts to order new. He said they are 22" long-and that there is only one kind. Hmm. So I purchased them. They are here and I am checking 'em out. They don't really seem right to me. What's I've got are the UL panels. Can anyone tell me if it's okay for me to use these and how they might affect performance of my stove? I did call a local woodstove store, and the gentleman told me that either "UL" or "universal" burn plates are listed, although he said his reference did not specify the size. He wasn't the friendliest guy, I wasn't about to ask him for any more information. So I throw this out to youse all. Thanks for any insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.