Jotul 450 C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scjotulman

Dec 8, 2013
Greenville, sc
I am a new insert owner and a new member. I have been getting educated here for about 6 weeks. Great site I have learned a lot. I have a Jotul C450 and want to be able to power the blower during a power outage. Any suggestions? Power inverter? Other methods?

You can't beat the Honda EU2000 generator/inverter when it comes to fuel consumption and portability. They are pricey, around $1000 but they are bullet proof and will run you blower, as well as a fridge and some lights if you stagger the load on it. I used mine for days during the recent hurricanes and blizzards we experienced her in New England. It will use about a gallon of gas a day if run nonstop and it's very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.