Jotul 500 or 600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great thread with a plethora of information. So much great input on numerous home/heating questions is remarkable and tobthink it comes from one forum!

This is a great thread with a plethora of information. So much great input on numerous home/heating questions is remarkable and tobthink it comes from one forum!

Just wanted to say I think the word "plethora" is under-used in today's society . . . thanks for keeping this word alive and working. :)

Reactions: jotulguy
You can always open a window if it's too hot but there are fewer options if your stove is too small and it's cold in the house.

Reactions: NateH
Just wanted to say I think the word "plethora" is under-used in today's society . . . thanks for keeping this word alive and working. :)

Off subject but my word is "behoove."

When my grandma said it would behoove me to do something I knew it was in my best interest to do so!:)

Reactions: firefighterjake
Reactions: firefighterjake
Personally I get a kick out of words like epitome, hyperbole and anemone just because people mispronounce them so often. Recently on the news some commentator was ripping the pathetic health report publicized by Donald Trump's doctor and he said something to the effect that doctor's reports aren't supposed to contain so much "hyperbole" and he actually pronounced it "hyper-bowl"! Not that I'm not equally critical of the orange-haired one, but that commentator really shot himself in the foot... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.