Jotul 602b making chirping sounds. Concern?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zagoren

Oct 17, 2020
Connecticut USA
My little wonder has been heating half the house for a decade. It came with the place. I replaced the side pieces 3 years ago that were cracked.

Now, during various phases of the burn, the stove will let out a relatively steady periodic chirp/squeak/pip. Obv some metal moving. (Short video with one pip)

I was just wondering if I should be aware of anything from this noise regarding maintenence, safety or function.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    7.9 MB
Must have a wireless connection and Elon Musk is sending it tweets ;)

My guess is not an issue.

My little wonder has been heating half the house for a decade. It came with the place. I replaced the side pieces 3 years ago that were cracked.

Now, during various phases of the burn, the stove will let out a relatively steady periodic chirp/squeak/pip. Obv some metal moving. (Short video with one pip)

I was just wondering if I should be aware of anything from this noise regarding maintenence, safety or function.
Mine doesn't have that piece on top, does that lift off easily?