Jotul Combifire #4 BTUs??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caoimhin

Feb 7, 2006
Trying to determine if the Napoleon 1900 will be a suitable replacement for my ancient Jotul Combifire #4. Fireboxes seem similar in size... Don't want to be driven out of my living room from the intense heat, but -- even worse -- I'd hate to be left shivering in the cold, turning on the oil heat, etc.

My thinking (and this runs slightly counter to that of my bride, which is unpleasant) is that we can always not run the Napoleon 1900 as hot as possible, though we might not be able to get the smaller Napoleon 1400 as hot as we'd like/need.

Any idea how these two stoves might compare in terms of output and speed at which they can get the heat up?

Status
Not open for further replies.