Jotul F 500 Oslo in an Alcove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MogollonMonster

Hearth Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Flagstaff Arizona
I'm looking to install a Jotul F 500 Oslo wood burning stove in an alcove. I'm planning to build both protected walls and ceiling. For the surrounding face of the alcove I want to match existing rock work in the house which is Owens Corning country ledgestone. Looking for a couple of answers:

1) With the protected ceiling do you need to leave the front 1" gap on the left/right protected walls open or can the rising heat vent out the protected ceiling gap? For the ceiling gap I plan to have some decorative grill work done and lay the ledgestone around it to keep the 1" gap open.

2) If the answer to #1 is yes the front wall gaps must be open then does anyone have suggestions on how to make the rockwork look nice?

Thanks,
Jeff

I don't have the manual right in front of me so I don't have an answer for you . . . however maybe other folks will be able to help you so I'm bumping this to the top . . . maybe folks missed this since it was posted on the holiday.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Don't think it has anything on protected walls though in the manual

Status
Not open for further replies.