Jotul F3 CB questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

unit40

Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2007
Northern Massachusetts
Hello all,
I just had two of my initial break-in fires this weekend on my new Jotul. The second 300 deg. burn was fine, but the first burn exceeded the 200 degree limit. I tried as hard as i could but the temp went up to 300. Do you think I screwed up real bad or am I OK ? (BTW, thanks for the previous damper advice. I installed one and just feel better about the whole set-up with my extreme draft, knowing I have it there just in case.)
Also I was replacing some gaskets on my older 3CB. The ash door and loading door gaskets went in fine but I'm a little worried about the glass gasket that needs to be replaced. My glass is loose, the screws are tight. But on my new 3cb, the gasket looks real thick, while on the older unit it looks real thin. Has Jotul changed the gasket size or do I need to go with a larger gasket. I'm thinking it has to/should be be 1/4-like the new one. Anyone have a clue what I should use on the older unit? I can't find the manual.

My 3cb is only 2 years and Ihaven't had to replace the gaskets yet...but I did notice twice last year I had to tighten up my glass holddown screws as the glass was loose against the gasket. I would go for the thicker and might even be looking for one myself this season. That loose glass really makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.