Jotul F3 vs. F3CB Was I swindled??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DTREV

Oct 18, 2007
Louisville, KY
Hi, I've been reading and learning a lot these past weeks. Thanks for all the great info!!

I just bought a Jotul F3 (thinking it was a F3CB). To make matters worse the dealer kept showing me catalysts for stoves - I've come to learn that the F3 and F3 CB are non-catalytic. All I can say is I'm not going back to this guy. Can't print what I've said in private!

So, is my F3 an outdated model? My invoice says I purchased an F3CB but the dealer gave me the floor model (an F3). I still really like the look of the stove. Many more problems with the install not being to code but I've decided to cut my losses and fix myself - I don't want the dealer to screw anything else up.

Thanks.

does it have a cat in it or not? if it is a f 3cb it is the new the stove there is a label on the back of the stove that will tell you the model and manufature date

If it has an ash pan it is an F3 CB. The data plate on the back will say "F3 USA".

Rest.

Thanks for the replies and thanks BrotherBart. My stove does say F3 USA so I guess I'm fine. I was confused because my manual says F3 but all recent literature from Jotul refers to F3 CB.

Just for the record - neither of these (F3 and F3CB) are cat stoves.

Right. Both are secondary burn, not cat, stoves. I don't know why Jotul even puts CB on their ads. They don't say it anywhere else either on the stoves are in the manuals.

There is an F3 TD sold in Europe that isn't a re-burn stove because it has a multi-fuel option.

the cb is for clean burn and specifies the diffrence between the cat was a td or tdic also know as seris 3 and the cb and the old stly which waa model #3

Status
Not open for further replies.