Jotul F3cb Hinge Pins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenr1c

Oct 22, 2006
My new Jotul F3 has hinge pins that are not seated completely by maybe 1/4". I used a block of wood and small hammer to tap the pins down. But this was not enough. I hate to use a bigger hammer or hit it too hard for fear of damage to the stove. I could probably press them in with a C clamp? Any one else have this issue?

thanks, Mike

Mine don't appear to be seated fully as well, but I think that this might be intentional from the manufacturer. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

My stove's Top hinge pin is flush to the head of the pin. The lower one is a little proud, but not as much as 1/4 of an inch... Probably just a couple of millimetres... Certainly nothing I would even have noticed had you not mentioned this... So mine doesn't feel concerning.

both of mine are a hair shy of flush. A little nubbin sticks out the bottom.

My new Jotul F3 has hinge pins that are not seated completely by maybe 1/4". I used a block of wood and small hammer to tap the pins down. But this was not enough. I hate to use a bigger hammer or hit it too hard for fear of damage to the stove. I could probably press them in with a C clamp? Any one else have this issue?

thanks, Mike
Mike I had the same problem with my jotul f400 , the bottom pin has worked itself up about 1/4 inch. It stayed like that for about two years. I tried gently tapping no good, yesterday I found slight play with the door opened and was able to push the pin back down to original position. By play in door, I gently lifted up on the door handle , hardly any lift but enough for the pin to reseat itself. My gasket is still tight but I will watch the pin to see if it moves up again, not to worried. Please don't hammer on the pin as you may break the whole hinge assembly. Good luck

Mike I had the same problem with my jotul f400 , the bottom pin has worked itself up about 1/4 inch. It stayed like that for about two years. I tried gently tapping no good, yesterday I found slight play with the door opened and was able to push the pin back down to original position. By play in door, I gently lifted up on the door handle , hardly any lift but enough for the pin to reseat itself. My gasket is still tight but I will watch the pin to see if it moves up again, not to worried. Please don't hammer on the pin as you may break the whole hinge assembly. Good luck

This is exactly what I do. You can lift the whole door off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.