Jotul F3CB question - newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beagler

Sep 9, 2007
Hello,
I recently fired up my new stove and 'broke' it in accordingly to the instructions. Since I'm OCD, I worry that I could have possibly over heated the stove during the break in period. What types of damage could result if it is too hot during the break in period. How would I know if it got damaged?

Second,
Do most people burn their F3CB at 600 degrees? This seems pretty high. I used to burn my Buck at 400.

Thanks...

This is a tough little stove. If you broke it in according to instructions, then it should be ready for serious fire. 600 degrees is an average stove top temp for this stove. We usually ran ours between 550 and 650 degrees. Unless you exceeded about 900 degrees, the stove most likely has not been overfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.