Jotul f400 clearance changes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronbert

Sep 3, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Hi, iam looking at buying an approximately 7 year old f400 and don't know if the clearances will be different than the current model. Does anyone know how i would track that down? Also given a serial number would i be able to confirm the age of the stove? I don't want to make the long trip to look at the stove unless i'm pretty sure i want to buy it. It seems like half of list price for used stoves in very good condition is thevrule of thumb from those in the know on this site - have i got that right for Jotuls? The pictures and description indicate the stove i am looking at has not been heavily used.

Thanks,

Ron
Retiring a well loved Resolute III in SW Ontario

Jotul F400 clearances have not changed in last 7 years- still single front door, clearances are on Jotul's website. You can google for a manual online also.

Jotul F400 clearances have not changed in last 7 years- still single front door, clearances are on Jotul's website. You can google for a manual online also.
Good to know, thanks. I did see various versions of the manual online. There are references to the bottom heat shield requirement in the heartt specs however i was under the impression the modern single door versions came with the heat shield as standard equipment. This got me wondering.

Ron

Ron, you are correct- the bottom heat shield now ships with most Jotuls, this in place gives them their ember protection rating for a hearth, no r value requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.