jotul f500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidb

Hearth Supporter
Mar 23, 2008
upstate, new york
how big of houses are you guys heating with the oslo, are they 2 stories or ranches . i'm thrown between the olympic which is a great stove and the oslo which is a great stove i'm going to heating 1800 sqft. 2 storie.

1200 sf cape. Drafty house built in the 50's. It will heat us to shorts and tshirts in the winter!!!

1750 Cape 2 story rear dormer 1800 square feet.
Heats it just fine

The Olympic is a 3.1 cu ft stove, better compared to the F600 as far as heating capacity goes. For a closer comparison to the Oslo, you might consider the Avalon Rainier, Quadrafire 4300 or the PE Classic stoves. Aesthetically I'm biased towards the Jotul Oslo, and some say it is their finest stove.

I'm heating a 3000+ ft2 two story with my Oslo but I'm much further south and the house is well insulated. I think our coldest night here this winter was about 12F for the low and temps rarely drop below 20F.

my oslo took care of business in our 2250 sq. ft. home this winter. Our home is a pretty spread out ranch style, so the master bedroom and bath are removed from the area of the home with the wood stove, they got cool and we used some supplementary heat back there, but rest of the house, including the near 400 sq. foot bonus room above the garage, no problem heating.

I'd say the oslo will heat 1800 sq. feet of home if it's got decent insulation and the right layout.

it should do a fine job in that space (2200 sq in ct ) does fine for me

Status
Not open for further replies.