Jotul F602cb mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Any fellow owners out there?

I have this little stove hooked to about 25 feet of interior chimney, and it drafts like a beast. I found adding a flue damper helped, a little.

Well, with it being winter and the outside projects done, I got bored.

On this stove, it's version of airwash is a gap at the top of the glass. With the primary air closed the fire still rages on. I can actually hear an air sucking sound coming from the airwash intake system at the top
Of the door.

I had some extra door gasket, so I closed off most of that gap, leaving a small amount open. Behold, the fire is now controllable...

Anyone else try this?

I have an older non EPA version of your stove. My 602 is a secondary stove to my f500, it drafts very well on only 12 ft of flue and considering its age it's air control on the door is well managed.

Any fellow owners out there?

I have this little stove hooked to about 25 feet of interior chimney, and it drafts like a beast. I found adding a flue damper helped, a little.

Well, with it being winter and the outside projects done, I got bored.

On this stove, it's version of airwash is a gap at the top of the glass. With the primary air closed the fire still rages on. I can actually hear an air sucking sound coming from the airwash intake system at the top
Of the door.

I had some extra door gasket, so I closed off most of that gap, leaving a small amount open. Behold, the fire is now controllable...

Anyone else try this?
Are you saying that air comes in around the glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.