Jotul GF 600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rh13

Nov 3, 2018
Jonesboro, Arkansas
We just purchased a Jotul GF 600--looks like it will need a new log set and a conversion kit to go to propane. Where can we get the log replacement? What price range are they? Thanks for any info. We took a chance hoping we can get parts.

Yes and I have looked on several sites--still have not seen any log sets for our model. We don't have a dealer real close but I will see if I can reach one tomorrow and what they say

Do you know which model you have - GF600 or GF600DV2?
I can call the place I used to work & get a price, if the set is available...

Thank you so much!! That is doable since we got stove for $125. I will get a set ordered this week hopefully. Appreciate the help!
We paid too much for our Vermont Castings Stardance stove seller assured us that it worked 500.00. I had to put a new valve on it 100.00 and my time which isnt worth much. We are in for around 800.00 including putting in a B-Vent pipe through the roof! The stove is so well built it will last 4 lifetimes!!

We could not find any quality cast iron gas stoves for under $1000 in our area but they are not common here so we were so happy to get this one and we ended up being around $700 with pipe and all but like you said it will last forever!

Reactions: k0wtz
The one thing I don't like about our V/C stove is there is no heat exchanger a lot of heat goes up the b-vent chimney it does have that heavy cast iron body. I now see that Lennox made a gas stove I haven't looked into parts avalabilty yet it doesn't use a free standing pilot it could be great or it could be a dud? In my reading I think a free standing pilot costs about 12.00 a month to operate and I can work on my stove myself.

Our Stardance has no doodads on it just turn it on, set the temp and leave it alone. I used to see many dead V/C gas stoves listed for sale now I don't see any. I wonder if they wound up at the junkyard? Most service people didn't understand them and when the Honeywell gas valve went out they would tell the customer unrepairable thus they went to the junkyard.

I doubt we will ever see anything quite like a Vermont Castings stove again!! Our Stardance is a beautiful forest green color also! It sets in our living room and sparkles!!!