Jotul Olso Cooktop?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avc8130

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 6, 2010
God's Gift to Gassification
Does anyone have any pictures of the optional cook top? I want to get one for the wife. She has these crazy thoughts of cooking on the stove when we have it burning since it is hot anyways.
ac

Sorry I have no pictures for you nor do I have that stove. However, you and your wife should be happy to know that most any stove can be used for cooking! My wife does a lot of cooking and/or warming of food on our stove. One of my favorites is bean soup but it surely is not limited to that. She has even made apple butter on our stove. She has done this on most stoves we've ever owned, and we've owned several over the years.

I dont have any pictures. The cooktop plate looks cool, as i have put them on a few oslo's.

The wax paper/film they put on them to prevent rust is a mother to remove!
Fought with cleaning one for install for almost 2 hours!

Owner siad its great, and the plate keeps you from chipping your enamel.

Install fire 1 said:
I dont have any pictures. The cooktop plate looks cool, as i have put them on a few oslo's.

The wax paper/film they put on them to prevent rust is a mother to remove!
Fought with cleaning one for install for almost 2 hours!

Owner siad its great, and the plate keeps you from chipping your enamel.

Does the cook top replace the center oval of the top of the stove? To install you have to get in the stove and swap out the top?

Any idea on the cost of the cook top?

Thanks,
ac

Yes the cooktop replaces the center oval in the top of the stove. There are 2 bolts above the baffle with brackets that hold the plates in.

As far as price, i would'nt know exactly but would figure 300 ish. Mind you i'm in canada.

I just got my Oslo with the cooktop. I think it was 214 extra

To replace the oval with the cook top is not hard, as mentioned two bolts. They are accessable from the front door, reaching above the baffle. Remember to use a metric wrench. Oslo dealers can quote you a price.

You can also use a trivet and pan - if you chip the enamel on the oval, then you can get the cook top. That was my dealers advice to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.