1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Jotul Oslo air tube replacement

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by defiant3, Jan 21, 2013.

1. defiant3

defiant3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    No. NH
    Anyone ever done this? How?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jotulguy

jotulguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    central Pa
    There are 3 10mm bolts holding the top plate down. Once they are removed you have 2 10 mm bolts holding the secondary manifold in place. Lift out and you are done. Side not, they will not sell just the tubes. They must be in a certain alinement so the whole manifold must be purchased. May I ask why they are being replaced?
  3. defiant3

Loc:
    No. NH
    Thanx, got it! This is for a customer, who says they're burned out. He used to have an old Defiant in there, and quite frankly I don't think the Oslo is enough stove. He's working it too hard? Haven't actually seen it yet.

THx again.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    You could be right. It's not a common complaint. I would definitely look for other overfire damage.
  5. defiant3

Loc:
    No. NH
    Holy cow! The thing was torched! the draft control was stuck open, and they just kept running it!
  6. jotulguy

jotulguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    central Pa
    Did it have the cast iron baffle or the skamol version? were there any cracks in the iron? Were any of the parts orange or red in color?