Jotul Oslo Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMagoo

Sep 2, 2008
Western CT
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Jotul Oslo but I need a little advice. I'm installing it in a fireplace 1/2 in, 1/2 out and I feel like a blower would be important to optimize heati transfer to my house. Can anyone tell me anything about the blower like:

- does it work well?
- is it variable speed?
- is it thermo controlled?
- is it loud?
- where is the switch located?

Not much info on the jotul website. Thanks for all of your help!

The top of the shield that the air exits is located at the top rear side of the Oslo. (The air exits from the upper front of some other brand stoves.) The blower kit is # 156431. It may be enough to shove the warm air out from under your enclosed area. I was told that I should wait and see if I needed the blower. I went ahead and bought the blower. Although I haven't had a chance to use it much. The knob is located at the top rear right side. So make sure you can reach it after the stove is installed. The fan doesn't seem too loud. But I haven't had it on long enough to see if it becomes annoying. It seems much much quieter than the oil furnace.

"The blower is controlled by the heat-activated snapstat that will only function when the control switch is set on AUTO. After the fire is established, the snapstat will react to the heat and activate the blower. Fan speed may be manually adjusted with the rheostat knob. The blower will shut off automatically as the stove cools down. If automatic blower circulation is not desired, place the blower control switch in the manual position." From the Jotul Acc. installation paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.