Jotul Oslo or Castine... New to wood burning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links. I'm on my mobile and the PE site is a little wonky on my phone. I see where it says 3 colors now. Well, this definitely adds to the list. If available, we would have gone with a Oslo CF in white, but it's not an option currently. There is a PE dealer fairly close so I can get my eyes on it this week.

To all, great advice, insights, and help.

There are lots of Alderlea T5 reviews here. It has the same firebox as the PE Spectrum and Super 27. The big difference I appreciate above the Castine is the PE's square firebox. This allows one to load either E/W (like the Castine) or N/S. N/S loading has advantages and is how we normally load. One big advantage is that the wood doesn't have a chance to roll up against the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.