Jotul Sebago Bvent , new to us

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DONNY

Sep 9, 2014
DOVER,IDAHO
I picked this up on Craigslist, cleaned everything out, tested my new gas line, installed pipe to code through our old Duravent thimble in the ceiling via duravents products, installed a new CO monitor in the room, placed logs back in with embers and once air cleared out of the gas line, it fired right up. I would love some advice on 1. the occasional thumping sound it makes and 2. to make sure I am getting an efficient burn with the chute adjustment. 1. Do I just need to clean it again to address the occasional " mild thumping" or are my embers misplaced? 2. Please explain the best blue-to-yellow flame adjustment or is it just as simple as adjusting the yellow until no soot is noticed on the glass? With my shute all the way down I do not see any soot. Thanks in advance... old wood fire Kuma boy

jotul 3.jpg jotul2.jpg jotul1.jpg