Jotul UL737NBK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipTam

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
I found this stove listed on our local craigslist. The owner is not very knowledgeable regarding the stove but it looks from the photo like it might be an earlier version of the F3CB. However, the owner says it loads from both front and top? Anyway, can you tell by the model number provided, if this stove an earlier #3 Jotul? How old would you think it is? Is this a cat or non-cat stove? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chip

Maybe an earlier Fireview? That's the only top loader I remember. If so it's much larger than an F3. Does it have a foot pedal to open the top? Can you get the stove dimensions? What size log does it take?

BeGreen,
Thank you for the feedback on my question. The owner finally got back to me. It is a Jotul 3. It came with the house. He's the second owner and he "thinks" it's around 15 years old. Wish I could pin down the age more precisely. It's a non-cat stove. He's moving and wants to sell the stove. He made a mistake in the ad. It only loads from the front. He says he has the owner's manual somewhere but can't find it at the moment. It looks good in the photographs. Just wish he was a bit more knowledgeable about the unit. The stove is about 1 1/2 hours away. Hope to get over there later in the week.
Chip

I like the older model 3's. If the price is right, say $400 or under, and it's condition is good (check the interior carefully), then it could be a nice deal.

If it's listed on craigslist and the stove is cheap ($200 or under) and you are really serious about it, don't snooze or it may be gone later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.