July 1st., and I started a fire tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Cold, dank, rainy weather. Thunder and lightning. 1 hour ago it was 53 °F and dropping, so I did it. Wife is warm, I'm warm, and the low draft wasn't an issue. But c'mon, a July fire? I've been snowed on, on the 4th before, but it's been awhile. I love Colorado. :)

We've been in the very low 50s for the last few mornings. Only 57 now. We're hoping summer arrives the day after July 4th here.

With the way our summer has been I won't be needing a fire anytime soon. It's supposed to get down to 50* tonight but the house won't cool down enough from the heat of the day to need a fire.

A/C has been off for 3 days now. 54 here this morning and beautifully clear.
Sun should be peaking through the tress soon.

HehHeh . . . sounds like summer here in Maine last year . . . I actually had a fire going on or right around the 4th of July . . . it was an unusually wet and cold summer. Thankfully (for me and the garden) this summer is more typical.

No complaints here. I'll take clear 70 degree days/40 degree nights over hot humid and rain any day. Almost feels like football weather.

We dropped off of a record breaking string of over 90 degree days into a low humidity night in the low fifties. Woke up with the windows open and the house at sixty degrees this morning. Whoa!

Back to the nineties Sunday though.

The weather in central NY has been PERFECT as far as I'm concerned the past few days. 70s during the way, 50s at night, perfect for sleeping.

Nashville set a record for June with 21 days over the 90F mark. It's definitely A/C weather in TN this summer. We're getting a little break now, but it won't last long. The weather has been perfect for seasoning the wood pile, though. Last year was wet and cool, but this year you can walk by the shed and smell that stuff baking! :lol:

’bert said:
No better way to celebrate Canada Day then with a fire!!

Have a good celebration Eh.

BrotherBart said:
Woke up with the windows open and the house at sixty degrees this morning.

Perfect temp for sleeping!

Nice May and June for us. Not a lot of AC use thus far. 90 degrees as far as the extended forecast goes from here on out. I'm on vacation! Gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.