Just bought 4 tons of uncle Jeds !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coobie

Jan 20, 2010
southern michigan
Just bought 4 Tons of Uncle Jeds for $920 including the tax.I bought from greenways located in Mt. plesant Mi.and there are delivering to lansing Mi.They charged $220 per ton.coobie

Great Pellet, low ash, high heat and you got a great deal. :)

you won't be dissappointed.
they're a lil cheaper over here in wis.

smoke show said:
you won't be dissappointed.
they're a lil cheaper over here in wis.
I tried 3 bags of the jeds last year and was very happy with them.I still have 3 tons of the pro pellets that I am not very impressed with,high ash content IMHO.coobie

I've never tried pro pellets.
they seem to get good reviews here.
hard to beat jeds for the money. good luck.

Used same place last year to deliver almost 5 ton. Their delivery is the only way to go! Uncle Jed's are great. You remind me that i have to call them and get some coming so i can start carrying them downstairs!

Yeah, Beaver Dam is closest. I already talked to them. The pine pellets are 220 a ton, the douglas Fir is 285 a ton.

thats right. I just remembered if your not a stove customer of theirs pellets cost more.

DaveyWoodard said:
Yeah, Beaver Dam is closest. I already talked to them. The pine pellets are 220 a ton, the douglas Fir is 285 a ton.

Well to save a little you could get some of the pine for the shoulders (hard to call uncle jeds shoulder pellets though!) and Some of the Douglas Fir for the really cold weather. But the pine should do in most weather you'd get!

Just plain envy for me over here! :eek:hh: sigh!

I should try to become their customer if they are cheaper then. I suppose I would have to buy a stove from then for that. But I do need to accessorize. I might run there today to check the place out.

Well, I got a bag each if the pine jeds, and the douglas fir. 80 Degrees outside isnt to hot to burn a little right?

Attachments

• 2010-05-25 12.28.52.jpg
    2010-05-25 12.28.52.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 299
Status
Not open for further replies.