1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Just bought a Fiskars Super

Post in 'The Gear' started by Gunks, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunks

Gunks Member

Loc:
    Ulster Cty, NY
    Just bought a Fiskars Super and sharpener from Denny & Kathys. I've been using an 8 1/2 lb. Chopper Axe. I tried my friend's Fiskars Super and really like the shorter handle and lighter axe head.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bigtall

bigtall New Member

Loc:
    West Georgia
    You will likey! I used mine for about an hour this evening on some white ash, ran a file across it a few times to remove the small burrs, rubbed a little oil on it, and put it to bed for the night. I think that my old 8lb maul is getting jealous. It has not been picked up in a few weeks.
  3. Fi-Q

Fi-Q Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bonaventure, Quebec
    Where excattly did you get it ?? I'm in Clifton Park untill friday, then I will take hwy 87 heading back to Canada. The Fiskars Super is not available in Canada, and I've been looking for one around here and I couldn't find one (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Wal-MArt...).

Thanks for the input.
  4. bigtall

bigtall New Member

Loc:
    West Georgia
    Both Gunks and myself ordered it from Denny and Kathy's. I found it on Amazon from several different stores, and D & K was the lowest price.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.