Just found small holes in the back of my Blaze King King kE1107.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nice skid loader. They were even kind enough to include some kindling for you

Thanks and Love the free kindling did start up burns tonight. Think they changed the paint it did not smoke and stink as bad as the last one . So far so good. Some minor changes and This one has side panels. Might remove them. No youngsters running around….

Reactions: weee123
One thing I don’t remember on the old stove is the thermostat bottoming out .

IMG_2704.jpeg

Yes it does but when it’s in the active zone it takes off.

One thing I don’t remember on the old stove is the thermostat bottoming out .

View attachment 316785
There are several changes. Please not: The side shields were in place when all clearances were established so removing them would not be a good idea.

As for the changes, the ash lip was flipped over. The blower exhaust (where fans attach) is much deeper to focus the air over the top surface of the stove for a longer period. The thermostat low stop was added to reduce user confusion about counter-clockwise thermostat movement. The ash plug hole is larger to facilitate faster removal of ashes. There were some slight proprietary changes as well to help with emissions.

BKVP

You can see many changes between the two stoves. This new one seems very very well built. I noticed they only have one row of fire brick on the bottom the old one had two rows (stacked on top of each other.)

With such a deep ash belly I never get ash on the ash lip but always thought the upside down ash lip looked like a mistake. Bigger ash dump hole is a good move too.

Reactions: 05ramctd