just got a $3500 quote for Blaze King King model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had just about every TYPE of woodburner made with the exception of an outside boiler. Too many power outages here and, those are twice the price and no where near as efficient. What I have sincerely appreciated is the constant temperature. I set it on high for one hour per the book and than slowly back her off. 40 hr burns while simmering at low kicks @ss (*ha)

Reactions: bobdog2o02
SmokeyCity. That price for a King on the east coast is pretty good. The pricing comes from a book and they cant sell below a certain point without risking their dealer licensing. You get what you pay for.... You will enjoy the long burns and that cavernous firebox.

i paid 2815 for mine. it took some and forth and a cash sale but i was happy. i got the king classic. its the base model. i dont have a blower but ive been wondering if it would be an improvement. my stove is in the unfinished basement and it just kinda radiates the heat up through the floor. i also take the cellar door off for the winter and it seems to work really well.

I only used my blower once to quickly take the chill off and to verify it worked (*it worked well); I have since got one of those large echo-fans (*sp? ) just because of the routine power outages. Those work great too. The blower set on the BK is basically an upgraded rear heat shield. Helps with clearance issues.

I avg. a 1/2 face cord of wood a week over the season .

I thought a face cord was a Winter's worth of wood for a Blaze King. >>

Reactions: blueguy
No, face cord is the approximate volume of ash my neighbors shovel out of their owb smoke dragons every season! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.