1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Just had a long conversation with Fred Seton ...

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Pat53, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Pat53

Pat53 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    UP Mich
    OK, thanks gents, I'll order one and give it a try.

Pat

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pat53

Pat53 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    UP Mich
    BB, forgot to ask, in addition to the circuit setter, what else do I need to determine flow? It looks like I need some kind of gauges on each of the 2 small ports?

Pat
  3. in hot water

in hot water New Member

Loc:
    SW Missouri
    Consider a Flowsetter that has the flowmeter built in. With a setter like you mentioned you need to buy, or borrow a fairly expensive meter to read flow.

With this type you pull the ring, set and adjust flow. The flow does not go through the window so it stays clear so you can readjust if needed.

www.caleffi.us/en_US/Technical_brochures/01149/01149.pdf
  4. Pat53

Pat53 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    UP Mich
    Interesting, where would I find these things? They look "pricey" too...
  5. Vern

Vern New Member

Loc:
    Montana
    Fred Seton is a gifted con artist. He sells wood stoves, wood boilers, heating manifolds, and design work. His is looking for your time or money. Be very careful doing business with this man. He has huge plans of having people invest in a turbine for his boiler. This is some stolen idea from another company. I have talked to several people who have done business with Fred and has been burned. He lives in Yak Montana and seems like a sweet old harmless man. In reality he is a selfish narcissist looking to get your money.