Just had a Pelletgasm!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bags

Minister of Fire
Oct 12, 2014
Kentucky
Yes I did! The P68 rolled well (all by its lonesome) while I was out of town and the wash lady (she doesn't read either) is happy, happy, happy, happy! Happier than Si on the Duck whatcha ma call it show.

Time to have some family bonding this weekend and cut, split, and stack some wood for sport out in the freezing cold and to get it done. I have not brought a single dump truck load in this season. Nuttin like sporting wood and having a pelletgasm.

It was a cold and windy outside work week way up in the air. Think I'll go get some distribution blower from the stove now and warm up.

Minds outta the gutter people. Y'all are sick demented pellet humping fools. Go hump some pellets but don't get caught.

Reactions: Big papa
I think your snorting pellets. Just my opinion

Reactions: bags
50 Shades of Lignetics?

Well, the hooker has been tending the stove while I was away. ()

Pimp Daddy Pellet Slave here fellas....;lol;lol;lol

Nice... suppose that means you decided against a PAH then! I just got mine back up and running with one last ditch effort before I contact them about possibly defective stove...

Nice... suppose that means you decided against a PAH then! I just got mine back up and running with one last ditch effort before I contact them about possibly defective stove...
Ohio, I went with a used PC45 for the 2nd stove that popped up on Craigslist here instead. Haven't installed it yet. LOL! The P68 is handling everything well that the cold can test it with. My wife doesn't scrape the pot very well at all either. I think all she does is pull the little bit of built up ash off of the front of the pot maybe once a day at best.

Going to give her a refresher training course on cleaning this afternoon. My point of the thread is that the stove worked flawlessly basically all by its self all week and that made me very happy. No calls from her saying the house was cold and the 68 had issues. I had a very strenuous and hectic week but the household was on a nice warm cruise control. She will not forget to dump pellets into the hopper because she likes it too warm in here. This has reduced my stress and worry levels to nothing now.

I went the pellet route for two main reasons. 1.) To reduce my wood usage in the shoulder seasons. 2.) Most importantly for the ease of use for my better half. Last year she was ready to sell this place after managing everything alone. Getting 3 kids up and ready for school, chucking wood into the OWB, and dealing with the snow and ice. Now she is very happy and not a single complaint which is awesome.

A pellet stove has simplified life around here in the winter 10 fold. I am very happy with the decision to heat with pellets. Being out of town for work and heating 100% with wood was crippling last year. I am so burnt out I have only fired the Woodmaster for one week just to run it and give it a stretch and a workout. I am keeping it because I have unlimited wood on my property and almost need it to keep up with the dead and blown over trees. Nice problem there but my time is much more limited for processing wood the last few years.

Reactions: Big papa
i think his out of town jobs was in Colorado
It's in Indiana, John. I met 4 fellows from WI Wednesday night that were around for the farm and tractor show in Louisville, KY. It's a huge show and people come from everywhere. They were in a hotel up in Indiana about an hour north of Louisville. Closest rooms they could find for the show. My job site is a bit over 2 hours from home so I stay there. After working 12 hr. days adding 4-5 hrs. drive time to and from isn't feasible. Pellet heat sure is.>> Wife gets it now more than ever and I remind her that she was ticked when I "drug home another heating thingy.";lol;lol

Good deal. Depending on a few things I might look to upgrade my pellet stove later and would consider a nice one like a Harman especially if I could get a good deal used. May also upgrade the woodstove to a longer burning catalytic model. While I may not be out of town as much, I do have long days that makes it hard to heat with wood effectively. So the pellet stove really helps in that aspect. My job does occasionally send us to 4 or 5 day conferences, plus my family whom I visit live out of state, but I rarely do these things during the winter. Now that my wife and I are ending our marriage it certainly does make keeping a stove running more challenging (no one there to reload and my typical work days are 14+hrs door to door time)!

Status
Not open for further replies.