1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Just hangin' around at the lake

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Lake Girl, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Most of the kids made it home for the Cdn. July long weekend. Hubby took some of them repelling last year so they decided to try a bigger rock face - 100 ft. Since I'm a newbie, I opted for the 50 ft. one. Once you get over the fear factor at the top edge - it's worth it:)
    July Long Weekend 108 (600x800).jpg July Long Weekend 165 (800x600).jpg July Long Weekend 169 (800x600).jpg
    DexterDay, ScotO, DevilsBrew and 3 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DevilsBrew

DevilsBrew Minister of Fire

That looks like so much fun!
  3. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    A really good day. I was surprised most that my one daughter got such a charge out of this - from 13 years of classical ballet to repelling:) My husband and son are fire fighters so repelling is part of their high angle rescue training and neither has any issues with heights.

They had a choice of landing spots - one dry, one in waist deep water. Since they grew up on the lake, they all ended up in the water;)
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Wow.... Looks like fun!

Congrats on the decent!
  5. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Thanks - have had issues with vertigo in the past so it was a personal challenge:)
    ScotO likes this.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Looks like a beautiful day to do that, too! Good job! I have all the equipment for rope ascending and descending in the trees, but haven't had time to practice or use it yet this year...no fear of heights, either, but sometimes when the wind is whipping a tree around and you are 60-70' off of the ground, it can make you "pucker up" a bit.....