Just Ramblin'

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary

Oct 29, 2006
St. George, KS
Just want to say thanks to everyone who is participating on hearth.com. I'm one of those people who doesn't comment often but reads this site almost daily. The first time I asked a question, you talked me out of trying to make a an old tile chimney & fireplace work. When we finally had enough $$ to install an insert, the local fireplace expert said " My God, you haven't used this fireplace have you??!! It's a very dangerous situation."

When I was trying to decide on an insert, I asked about Osburn, a brand I was not very familiar with. Got several replies (Warren, I believe you were one) and decided this particular one would work for me. Had it installed with an insulated chimney liner (made sure it had a block off plate!) It's 10* out tonight and the family room (my room) is nice and cozy with the secondary flame dancing.

I really enjoy reading the differences, yet similarities, from different parts of the country (-20* in N. Dakota tonight, anybody out there?) and the problems/advantages of the different appliances everyone is dealing with. Referred father-in-law,who is seriously considering a pellet stove, to read the wealth of information here. The discussions on firewood, particularly the amount, variety, and condition always snags me. Fortunately, I'm one of those people who have a pretty much unlimited supply if I have the ambition and energy to go cut it up and split it.

Anyway, Elk, Roos, Mo', Stove Guy, Goose, Wrench and all the rest, keep it up. We'll be here watching and once in a while may have something to add.

P.S. to Corie in Lawrence, KS- I'm just outside Manhattan, should be an interesting game Wednesday. GO 'CATS!!

Great to hear from you Gary. I'm glad to hear that that dangerous situation has been taken care of with the new insert. Which Osburn did you end up with and how do you like it so far?

Good deal , sounds like a great install and stove , bottom line if the install is safe and you are warm and happy with the stove , self wood supply is always a plus.

Keep'er fired up !

GO cats is right brotherman.

I'm so ticked, because I had tickets to the game today, but I'm home with strep throat watching it on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.