just sitting here loving my harman accentra and waiting for my pe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
this past week i have been experimenting with the "room temp " mode i was always against because i would rather just let the stove run on low
however i have been trying it this past week
I am truly impressed.. my room temp does saty within a .5 degree of what it is set at!
the furthest room away is 5 degrees cooler
when i lock up the house for the night the temp in the other room drops.. but as soon as i open the door again the stove kciks itself right up again and everything is good!
funny though this stove is rated for 1800 sq ft and i am only doing 700 at the most but it does have a hallway and other twists
from the looks of it i am using less pellets!!

Now i am just waiting to get my PE summit insert installed!! the longer i wait the more i am leaning on trying to do it myself!!
3.5 cords coming monday morning ... i have about 2 cords out back for next year and will be getting more as time goes by (the free stuff)

heres my breakdown
new summit 2100
liner plus plate & stove connector 358
stove delivery and install 400
2 tons of pellets 420
3.5 cords of wood 520

total 3798

oil at todays prices Cold winter 1000g = 3000
warm winter 750g = 2250

plus 2 tons pellets 420

warm winter total 2670
cold winter 3420

big investment for me but this year but next year will be heating 3000 sq + for less than 1000 usd!!!!

Thank you all!!

The price for the liner and labor are very fair Only I can beat the liner price because I buy it direct from the distributor. but the price quote is very good coming from retail.

elkimmeg said:
The price for the liner and labor are very fair Only I can beat the liner price because I buy it direct from the distributor. but the price quote is very good coming from retail.
i found the liner cheaper online because i only needed a 15 ft kit
however i got 25 feet top plate and stove connector due to the fact i already have a custom made chimney cap
i would have saved 20-40 bucks more online but i thought its better to have a good relationship with the local stove dealer for future issues
the person i bought from isn't doing the install and didn't sell me the stove but he is close to my location...
Merrry Christmas to my local stove dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.