1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Just when you think you have heard it all!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Jack Straw, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    They're right. The whole thing was faked in a hangar in Nevada. Same one we faked the first moon landing in. Conspiracy theorists (I call them wackos) come out of the woodwork whenever anything of grave import happens. They can't handle the truth, and they don't trust anyone. Never heard the term "Truthers" before. Quicker to type than Conspiracy Theorists. Wonder who thought that up...hmm...and what's behind it all? I can't find anything out about it. It's a cover up! !!!

As far as them harassing this particular citizen hero goes...that's way over the top, IMO. The very idea of it just pisses me off. :mad:
    firefighterjake and Beer Belly like this.
  3. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Believe me....it happened:(
  4. Dune

Dune Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Commonwealth Of Massachussetts
    As if the truth isn't sad enough.
  5. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    In the pre-internet days I suspect most of us only knew Crazy Joe and his conspiracy theories that he would tell you about while at the local general store -- how the moon landing was faked, how there was a shooter on the grassy knoll and how the government spies on you through the cable TV connection.

Now, thanks to the internet these whack-a-doodles can find like-minds who believe in the same crap and before long they've convinced themselves with supporting "evidence" that 9-11 was done by the government, Obama is not an American citizen and that the plane contrails are the government's attempt at poisoning us.
    Jack Straw likes this.
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Whack-a-doodles - I think that is the perfect term for those folks.

I feel for this dude. Simply unwarranted attacks and attention for a good deed done. Whack-a-doodles.
  7. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    It's sad- if you get involved with society then you are open to this sort of harassment. If you cut yourself off from society- they will come get you anyway.
    Beer Belly likes this.