K-cup Seed Starter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. My experience is the opposite. Per capita, rural areas are much worse for trash than urban or suburban areas. Maybe that's just rural areas in Illinois and Indiana, where I tend to travel most.
When I'm out walking the dog in the spring, I usually end up picking up trash along the road. What I find is most of the trash is tossed by visitors to our area ... on the way up to the lake for fishing, hunting, vacationing that gets worse in the summer. Beverage containers, snack food wrappers, etc.

Same in our rural area. Most trash is dumped by outsiders and late-night revelers. We see McDonalds and Starbucks cups and those stores are nowhere near here.

There's always empty beer cans and bottles mixed in among the fast food trash along the rode near my house. Apparently it's not drinking and *then* driving, but drinking *while* driving. I can fill a grocery bag at least once a year just walking to the corner. This is a side road in a semi-rural area. There's no reason to come down the road unless you live here or are visiting, so it seems to be people making a mess of their own neighborhood.

Every now and then, somebody dumps a mattress or dead appliance on an unbuilt property - Our brilliant county came up with a sure-fire way to encourage this: By weight, a mattress should be $3-5, but they charge $20.

But as far as K-cups go, I don't see any of those blowing around as litter. Inevitably, if you're using a K-cup, you're near a garbage can.

Status
Not open for further replies.