karcher electric pressure washer,1600psi;the outlet hose blows off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

m45auto

Dec 12, 2017
n.florida
the motor on the pressure washer should cycle on when the trigger is engaged on the hose, but it appears that it is not cycling off and it builds up too much pressure and blows the outlet hose off...not sure what actuates the on off cycle as i did not see any pressure switches or mehanisms going from pump head to motor.

the motor on the pressure washer should cycle on when the trigger is engaged on the hose, but it appears that it is not cycling off and it builds up too much pressure and blows the outlet hose off...not sure what actuates the on off cycle as i did not see any pressure switches or mehanisms going from pump head to motor.
got tobe a pressure switch or an unloader valve there somewhere

I think that there is an unloader valve in the pump. They sometimes get stuck in their bore, so don't work. Some pumps are built to allow easy access to the unloader - you'll need to look at yours to see. There are a lot of videos on YouTube on these, do a search.

Most of the lower end pumps have a pressure switch that shuts off the motor when the pressure builds up in the outlet. Either that switch is not working properly or the hose connection is inadequate.