Keep melting the vacuum hose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pellet rick

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2015
Pottstown PA.
does anyone else have this problem? I keep melting the vacuum hose where it connects to the exhaust blower on a pdv 25

using the wrong hose !!
need hi temp silicon hose

If you keep melting that hose you are loosing alot of heat out your exhaust

That's what I don't like about the englanders is not enough adjustability, especially with the mods you have done.you improve the burn but can't control the additional heat enough to get it through the heat exchanger instead of out the exhaust.

That's what I don't like about the englanders is not enough adjustability, especially with the mods you have done.you improve the burn but can't control the additional heat enough to get it through the heat exchanger instead of out the exhaust.
Agreed but it's what I got. Guess it's a trade off with the mods. Does anyone know what the exhaust vacuum hose controls or monitors? In other words is it looses vacuum what does it affect

It senses that the blower is working and that you don't have an exhaust blockage.if either occurs it shuts down the stove.

It senses that the blower is working and that you don't have an exhaust blockage.if either occurs it shuts down the stove.
Lol makes sense but now I wonder if it was even working. Cleaned the stove today and went to unhook the hoses for the leaf blower and noticed the exhaust hose was just hanging on the nipple. With the bottom half of the hose crumbling and falling off. Stove was up and running fantastic until I turned it off.