Kids and wood stoves :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jharkin

Minister of Fire
Oct 21, 2009
Holliston, MA USA
So my twins are now at the stage where they pickup new words seemingly daily (almost 2). My son loves trucks... especially fire trucks. When I started burning the stove this year I would point to it and say "stove - fire - hot" My son yelled out "fire tuck fire tuck"

Now every time the fire is burning he points and calls it "fire tuck"

Any other funny stories of your kids and your stove to share?

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Mine all try to beat each other down the stairs in the morning to get first choice at the front of the stove....they set up their TV trays in front of it to eat their breakfast!!

Our stove is like part of the family....

100_1094.JPG

Reactions: BrianK and jharkin
Before we put up the KidCo gate, my 8 mo old son would make a beeline for the (cold!) stove everytime. If allowed to continue, he would happily fiddle with the air control while staring through the glass.

He's got a bright future. >>

Reactions: ScotO
Several times last winter, my then three years old daughter ran out of the bathroom after just taking a bath and jumped up and down in front of the stove completely naked, of course. It usually took some persuasion to get her to put her pj's on.

Several times last winter, my then three years old daughter ran out of the bathroom after just taking a bath and jumped up and down in front of the stove completely naked, of course. It usually took some persuasion to get her to put her pj's on.

Ummm . . . that's pretty much what I do . . . if you change out the "bath" to "shower" and I don't jump up and down . . . and it's my wife trying to convince me to put on my work uniform and go to work. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.