1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Kids and wood stoves :)

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by jharkin, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    So my twins are now at the stage where they pickup new words seemingly daily (almost 2). My son loves trucks... especially fire trucks. When I started burning the stove this year I would point to it and say "stove - fire - hot" My son yelled out "fire tuck fire tuck"

Now every time the fire is burning he points and calls it "fire tuck"

Any other funny stories of your kids and your stove to share?
    ScotO and zap like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Mine all try to beat each other down the stairs in the morning to get first choice at the front of the stove....they set up their TV trays in front of it to eat their breakfast!!

Our stove is like part of the family....

100_1094.JPG
    BrianK and jharkin like this.
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Before we put up the KidCo gate, my 8 mo old son would make a beeline for the (cold!) stove everytime. If allowed to continue, he would happily fiddle with the air control while staring through the glass.

He's got a bright future. >>
    ScotO likes this.
  4. Grisu

Grisu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chittenden, VT
    Several times last winter, my then three years old daughter ran out of the bathroom after just taking a bath and jumped up and down in front of the stove completely naked, of course. It usually took some persuasion to get her to put her pj's on.
  5. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Ummm . . . that's pretty much what I do . . . if you change out the "bath" to "shower" and I don't jump up and down . . . and it's my wife trying to convince me to put on my work uniform and go to work. ;) :)
    Brokenwing and ScotO like this.