1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Kindergarten, School Busses, and Rehearsals.....

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by StuckInTheMuck, Sep 4, 2013.

1. StuckInTheMuck

StuckInTheMuck Member

Loc:
    沖縄日本
    As a Marine, I should have known the importance of rehearsals when embarking on a new mission. Unfortunately, i failed to convey that to the wife. When my daughter came home from her first day of kindergarten, she rode next to the neighbor girl on the bus. Their stop was the second stop along the route. The bus stopped, my wife and the neighbor waved to their daughters, the door opened, the girls waved back, the doors closed and the bus drove away. Needless to say there were a couple of surprised moms on the side of the road who's sole purpose in life it became to get the bus to stop. The neighbor took responsibility for my boys and my wife chased down the bus to get it to stop. Never thought that good Marine training should have been imparted to my offspring so early in life, but a quick rehearsal at the bus stop would have made the mission go much smoother. Just wish I had a video of the whole incident....

IMG_3351.JPG
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    pen likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mywaynow

mywaynow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast
    Had your wife stopped crying from the departure that morning when she began to cry about the bus leaving again with her?
  3. StuckInTheMuck

StuckInTheMuck Member

Loc:
    沖縄日本
    She said that it didn't bother her, but I have no way to confirm it.. She dropped my daughter at school, so the ride home was literally the first time on the school bus. Hopefully today goes better!
  4. StuckInTheMuck

StuckInTheMuck Member

Loc:
    沖縄日本
    She said that it didn't bother her, but I have no way to confirm it.. She dropped my daughter at school, so the ride home was literally the first time on the school bus. Hopefully today goes better! Here's the pic after they finally got off the bus..\
    IMG_3353.JPG
    pen likes this.
  5. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Ours started this year too.

1239833_10201420317101766_2009986638_n.jpg 1186735_10201420317141767_1407814883_n.jpg 998802_10201420317221769_2127055532_n.jpg DSCN0012.JPG

The last pic is him teaching his younger brother about the Jack and Jill lesson he had in school today.

That teacher thing just might work out for him ;lol

It's a fun time, congrats to you and the family.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  6. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Sounds like those girls were just really enjoying their bus ride adventure. Maybe they were in the middle of singing a favorite song. ;lol
    PapaDave likes this.
  7. fossil

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Lookin' pretty studly, pen. You don't look bad yourself. :cool:
    pen likes this.
  8. StuckInTheMuck

StuckInTheMuck Member

Loc:
    沖縄日本
    Thanks Pen. Congrats to you too! Looks like the boy will make a heck of a teacher.

Fossil, you're probably right.. they were just waiting for the verse to come around when the driver of the bus says "This is your stop!". Oh wait, someone forgot to put that verse in the song..
    fossil and pen like this.
  9. fossil

Loc:
    Bend, OR
  10. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Just sent a link to this to my neighbor. He is a school bus driver.