King 40 side shields

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

05ramctd

Oct 29, 2013
NEPA
Got my king 40 up and running. One difference I notice on the exterior compared to my old king is side shields. I know you need them for noble homes. My question is do I need to keep the on or is it ok to remove them, my old stove did not have them I thought they were an option. I don’t want to remove then if it screws with the warranty. But it think heat output would increase.

IMG_2735.jpeg

The stove's tested clearances are with the side shields on. The stove will not make more heat with them off, but one may feel a bit more radiant heat from the sides. The blower is the best way to circulate more heat from the stove.

Reactions: Highbeam