king 5500m modle pellet stove Sooty burn.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chimmy

Hearth Supporter
Feb 21, 2010
eastern pa
i have a king 5500m modle pellet stove. it worked awsome for three years but this year i been having problems with black soot on the glass a real lazy flame an my exaust blower seams to surge. i cleaned both fans and chimlybut the problem never went away i also changed the door gasket and window gasket i realy love the stove just cant get it running great.if any body has an idea of what it could be please let me know your thoughts

ok i changed the door and window gaskets cleaned both motor fans and exaust but my fire is lazy and the pellets build up in my burn pot i cant adjust my draft it is factory set oh and also the exaust fan seams to surge.i had pellet stoves for over ten years now and i cant figure this out if anyone can help let me know.it seams to build a vacume the burn chamber and then loose it could it be a preasure switch

chimmy said:
ok i changed the door and window gaskets cleaned both motor fans and exaust but my fire is lazy and the pellets build up in my burn pot i cant adjust my draft it is factory set oh and also the exaust fan seams to surge.i had pellet stoves for over ten years now and i cant figure this out if anyone can help let me know

Did you clean out the ash traps, the heat exchanger, the air chamber under the fire pot, and the air intake all the way to the air chamber?

Moved from Sticky pages.

chimmy said:
i have a king 5500m modle pellet stove. it worked awsome for three years but this year i been having problems with black soot on the glass a real lazy flame an my exaust blower seams to surge. i cleaned both fans and chimlybut the problem never went away i also changed the door gasket and window gasket i realy love the stove just cant get it running great.if any body has an idea of what it could be please let me know your thoughts

Im moved this from the help pages because that thread was for answers not questions.

I dont know much about that stove but have you clean the ash traps?
most stoves have hidden exhaust chambers that need to be cleaned. Some stove have clean out doors to get to them some you just remove the firebrick and some make it hard to get to.

If you are 100% sure you have all passage ways clear, venting clear and the ash pan and door are sealing tight then the problem is most likely a weak blower or incorrect air setting.

I looked at the owners manual for that stove it does not say much about cleaning or show the chambers or heat exchange . but if I was looking at the correct stove it had two clean out door in the stove.
remove that and run a long bottle brush as far as you can and make a small suction house to get all the ash you can out.
the Exploded view dont show the heat exchange but a lot of time the small opening above the heat exchange on each side would get blocked with ash and build up a small bottle brush works good for clearing that also.

tryed cleaning every thing out removed the little doors cleaned out everything i could reach going to call king tommorow see if they can help me it is not ash blocking anything what i couldnt vac out i blew out with an air nozel

chimmy said:
just want to say thank you for the help
is the stove working better?

no and lady from king was no help oh and people i read the troubleshooting pellet stoves.i ordered a new blower motor from stovepartsplus.com but never herd anything from them so dont know if they sent it out

Status
Not open for further replies.