King Circulator coal/wood stove . Has went from a Creosote factory to Good burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_N_Westvirginia

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2009
Morgantown WV
Amazing how 2 diffrent owners can go from a creosote plant smoke dragon stove . To a clean burning almost zilch creosote with diffrent chimney . And aparently dryer wood? My grandfather owned this 80's built stove before me and i rember growing up the pouring smoke from his masonry chimney . The leakage and stinch of creosote how that thing never turned into a volcano up the stack i'll never know. Only time i get noticable smoke from chimney is when the thermo controled draft door shuts . And yet that not like i rember seeing years ago from the same stove. Now when i fuel it on coal well yeah then she smokes LOL

Yea, and also having the air setting adjustment on the ash door flap closed up tight never helped any with the excess smoke either. i had a heck of a time getting it freed up . i belive factory pain had it stuck now its easliy adjusted and is letting air in so / in theroy its not an air tight stove

what kin of stove is that like a ashley got pics

Status
Not open for further replies.