King KP130 Room Blower not kicking on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ed270

Apr 16, 2024
PA
I have a King KP130 pellet stove and the room blower does not kick on after the stove ingites. I seemed to be having issues with the control board so I replaced it but the room blower still does not kick on. I also ran direct power to the blower and it does run from direct power.

Any thoughts on why the room blower does not kick on after the stove ignites?

Welcome to the forum
I have just been looking at the manual for your stove
The wiring diagram is about the worst one I have ever seen
That being said somewhere on your stove close to the heat exchanger
is a switch Most likely Ceramic that tells the board that it is hot enough to
turn the fan on. That's where I would start. Jump (wire jumper) the 2 wires
and see if the fan works

Reactions: ABusWrench
room blower does not kick
Most likey Thermistor is loose or bad.

I know you said you changed board but check is that the fuse is not blown, even is it looks good try switching it with one of the other fuses.

If not fuse then run the board test. stove should be cold to run test. Pay attention to 2 and 7. If fan runs during test then it is most likey Thermistor not telling board to turn on fan.

PERFORMING AN INITIAL TEST
This test is used at the factory where the stoves are assembled to test the functionality of the control and the stove before the unit is shipped. To perform this test, press and hold the OFF and AUGER DELAY buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. To advance through the test, press any key unless otherwise noted in the test step.

1.Exhaust Fan Output Test – The display will show “drft”. The exhaust fan is turned on full then reduced to a level just above the typical minimum pressure switch setting. The ON LED indicates whether the pressure sensor is detected. If the pressure switch is not detected, the fan ramps to full on for two seconds then returns to the previously established level if the pressure switch closes. If the Draft Fan Fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the Draft Fan LED will be lit and the other three top row LEDs will be off.
2.Room Fan Output Test - The display will show “rfan”. The room fan is turned on full. If the Room Fan Fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the Room Fan LED will be lit and the other three top row LEDs will be off.
3.Ignitor Output Test - The display will show “ignt”. The ignitor motor is turned on full. If the Ignitor (AUX) Fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the Aux LED will be lit and the other three top row LEDs will be off.
4.Auger Output Test - The display will show “augr”. The auger motor is turned on full. If the Auger Fuse is not blown and the fuse detection circuit is functioning, the Heat Range LED will be lit and the other three top row LEDs will be off.
5.Hopper Switch Test – The display will show “hppr”. The “ON” LED is lit. If the hopper switch is open (lid is open), the “HEAT RANGE” LED will turn on. If the lid is closed, the “HEAT RANGE” LED will be off.
6.Thermostat Input Test – The display will show “stat”. If the thermostat input is closed, the ON LED will turn on, otherwise it will be off.
7.Flue gas Thermistor Test – The display will show the flue gas temperature in degrees F.
8.AC Frequency Test - Displays the measured AC Frequency in hertz (59-60) followed by the letter ‘H’.
9.Watchdog Reset – The watchdog timer is tested to ensure that the board can be reset. The message “BYE” is displayed until the watchdog resets the board.

Your stove has a Thermistor that tells board what temperature stove is at and to turn blower on not a snap disk. See pic. Make sure it is tight on the exhaust box near exhaust motor and make sure it is plugged tightly on the board were is says TEMP IN. If it is bad it will not tell board to turn blower on

thermistor.jpg

Attachments

• king 130.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited: