King Stove KP130 /5502 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello...
Its year two on this device and of course, the issues/questions arise :)
First of...is there a known way to reduce the pellets this bugger trows into the burn pot for igniting?
It just keeps overflowing if we are not constantly press delay or open hopper lid...
Would be great to limit that in the sub menus...
Second...Ignitor...jupp...we are down to every 4th try works...
So Thermostat start, or press and go is history...
I assume that heater element wears out?
Or are there options to check whats going on?
Adjusting seat like on the Englanders eventually?
Making the hole bigger where the hot air is supposed to blow into pellets?
Happy about every thought...
Besides that...noisy but great stove...

First of...is there a known way to reduce the pellets this bugger trows into the burn pot for igniting?

You could adjust the auger load time so it stops feeding pellets sooner but the real question is why it is not igniting the pellets.

To adjust the operation constants, press the hold the MODE and AUGER DELAY buttons simultaneously
for 3 seconds. The display will show “C-1”. Use the HEAT RANGE UP or HEAT RANGE DOWN buttons to
change the constant number (see the list of vales below). When the desired constant is displayed, press
the ON button to toggle between viewing and editing the value. While editing a parameter, use the AUX
again to return to the constant number list. Press the OFF button to exit the operational constants
mode.
C15- Auger load time (0-30) – This variable is used to control the length of time that the fuel is
augured into the burn pot during startup. The default is 6 minutes.

Thx so much for the Auger load time tip...exactly what i was looking for...
In 6 min the burn pot is def overflowing...
With the igniting issue...should this heating element last a few seasons or are they consumables?
And are they actually supposed to visually glowing hot or just being hot?
Thx so far...
Saw a "hack" where poeple were drilling the ignitor whole bigger to line it up with the actual ignitor...does that make sense or just bla bla?
Will inspect today or latest tomorrow as soon stove is off (lighting it with torch fuel right now)

Before you do any drilling, give you load time adjustment a few days to see if the pellets light easyer because there aren’t as many in the pot allowing more air to be drawn through the pot.

First try after adjusting the load time down to 3 min (3/4 of burn pot filled) and started right up on first try....
Wonder if the stove got reset settings wise over summer without being plugged into power?
I know that i did adjust a few things last season but cant recall what...but never had overflowing burn pot...
Downloaded the testing manual where all these tips and hidden settings are in...
Thx a lot!!!!!
Quick question on the side...what is to expect time wise with an igniter?
a few seasons on average or nearly lifetime?
Have no reference

Quick question on the side...what is to expect time wise with an igniter?
a few seasons on average or nearly lifetime?

Now mind you my stove is a manual (no autostart) and I am still using (18 years)
the original ignitor (Enviro ef3) There is no way in knowing how long one will last

Reactions: Ssyko
Ok...quick update,,,no fire on second or third attempt...
Contacted US Stove and seems to be broken igniter...warranty !!!