King, wood heater, what size pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mailrunner

Oct 1, 2021
Tennessee, USA
As you will quickly see I am new to this.

I am putting a KIng wood stove in my shop, and this will be a new install through the roof. My question is the pipe that was used in it measures 6 1/8 diameter, is this considered a standard 6-inch pipe, and if not what size pipe should I buy? Also, my roof pitch is a 4/12. all the 4/12 flashings I have found online look like (bent in the middle) they are made for the roof ridge. The flashings that 0/12-6/12 Adjustable Roof Flashing doesn't look like they will work, and how would you adjust them to fit?

Thanks

Take some time to download installation instructions for installing a chimney for the brand you intend to purchase. It really helps to have a clear visual picture of the components in advance. You will need both Class A chimney pipe for the exterior and stove pipe for the interior. They are not the same.

You will need a chimney support box or roof mounted support. That is the right flashing. It doesn't adjust, but can accept a chimney pipe at your roof pitch. Where are you looking to buy the parts?

Take some time to download installation instructions for installing a chimney for the brand you intend to purchase. It really helps to have a clear visual picture of the components in advance. You will need both Class A chimney pipe for the exterior and stove pipe for the interior. They are not the same.

You will need a chimney support box or roof mounted support. That is the right flashing. It doesn't adjust, but can accept a chimney pipe at your roof pitch. Where are you looking to buy the parts?
Just looking at different companies on the internet