1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Knee surgery + 5 weeks

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by stihltheone, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stihltheone

stihltheone New Member

Loc:
    Wyoming
    5 weeks ago I had major knee surgery. Man I miss my woodpile!! I am now without crutches, and starting to get to use the wheel again!! The saws are sharp, tuned, clean and yes even waxed!! They are lonely! Hopefully in a couple more months I will be back at it!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Birdman1

Birdman1 New Member

Loc:
    Jersey Shore
    Wish ya a speedy recovery bro
    Hope ya got enough to get till then.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I've been wondering how that knee is doing. Sounds like you are doing fine. Just don't push it. Remember how out in the woods the footing is not always the greatest so please bear that in mind.

Good luck to you.
  4. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    The most frustrating thing for me was once I could kinda use it, I did not have the stregth or the balance...it felt like everything was loose in there! Like Dennis said, don't push it, but do your exercises! Good luck!!!!
  5. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    Keep up the PT...that'll pay dividends latter on.
  6. rphurley

rphurley Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central/Eastern CT
    I'm glad to hear that your recovery is going well. Keep working hard with the PT and you'll be back running those saws in no time.

Rich
  7. gpcollen1

gpcollen1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western CT
    I hear ya bro...

I am on week 2 following a discectomy - L5 was pretty herniated. At about 3-4 weeks I can get some physical activity going so I have it better than you apparently.

It kills me watching my wife doing the wood and stoves and doing it all wrong...

G
  8. Stihl Country

Stihl Country New Member

Loc:
    Davidson Co. N.C.
    Take your time and let yourself heal right. The wood will still be there when your ready. Trust Me , It,s not going anywhere.
  9. stihltheone

stihltheone New Member

Loc:
    Wyoming
    Man I hear ya!! I really am thankful that she is willing, but.... I actually had a close one the other day, I had our babysitter out while I tended to my detail shop, training a newbie, and all at once my 7 year old came in screaming, our baby sitter was attempting to load the blaze king and managed to remove the door after loading it!!!! She could not get it back on, by the time that I hobbled in, it was condition red!! I grabbed the door and pushed the flames back and popped the door back on, the stove temp was well over 900 as that is as far as the thermo goes, chimney was on fire, house full of smoke and panicing kids!! Once I put the door on, took about 3 sec, I closed the air and I have a damper in the flue, closed it tight, turned on the big fans and let her cool!!! Yikes, that was a bit scary. I was not too worried actually, I had a friend brush the chimney about a week or so before, so I figured that was not much in it, but I am sure that it was CLEAN after that!! One thig about it, the house was warm. hehehe I will be welding a tab on that door this summer, it is the second time that it has happened, once while I was laid up in bed, I was right there in the room and talked my wife through how to put it back on. I have tried, but I can not get the dang thing to come off, but they sure giter right off of there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.