Knee surgery done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas! Knee bone is going very well, I got full range of motion 140 degrees after 8 days, little to no swelling, does hurt in some wierd places and reasons. I still can not walk on it, Dr showed me the pix wed, the acl is really tight, 50 % of cartilage gone, just gone from my femur, did some type of drilling for cartilage on my bone, mon he 28th he said 30-40 pounds, carefully though. pt has been cake thus far as not weight on it, everyone seems surprised on motion and swelling though, I am ready, I even got a nice new coat and a timberjack for Christmas, Lets go cutting. My buddy just had a 20 cord load of Doug fir and lodgepole del last week,can I go play???? I seem to heal quickly, 2 weeks should be enough eh?? One thing for sure is that crutches on snow and ice, not good. Merry Christmas!!

Glad to hear that your coming along pretty good. I was the guy, back on the OP, that was just coming out of my ACL surgery around Thanksgiving. I can report progress too, but not as fast as I'd like. Like was said above, those physical therapists have the nickname "physical terrorists" for a reason.
I did some splitting and moving of about a half cord yesterday. Good thing I quit when I did; because the knee definately told me "that was enoungh" later. Also, I slipped once on the ice with an empty wheelbarrow--not enoungh to fall, but scary in terms of how painful it could of have been.
I'm laying off any chainsaw use for the time being. I can't move quickly & if something rolled & hit my leg; it'd be ugly.
So you can probably help your buddy in a few weeks, but in a limited fashon.

Hey pondman. Glad to hear that you are back at the pile. I am ready. my knee is not, but I am. Going pretty well I am told, full range in 8 days I guess is a little unusual, but look who it belongs to. Ready to ditch the crutches, I have some wierd pulling, and pain in places in my knee, I hope that this is normal. Monday I start weight bearing, I figure that by next friday I will be without crutches, next excercise I think should be "here, hold this saw and cut". I actually have a ton to split, that will need done before too long.

Hang in there guys. We're all pulling for you. Hope you heal super fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.